- Mayors of East Point
- Council Members of East Point
- EPHS Board of Directors and Officers
- Community Garden at the East Point Historic Comple...
- Trees Atlanta Planting at EPHS February 1, 2020
- Past EPHS Presidents
- Excerpts from Council Meeting Minutes re EPHS 1963-1972
- EPHS - The Founding Years 1978-1980
- Meeting Minutes Excerpts 1980-1986
- City of East Point Historic Compex Established in 1986
- Membership Information
- BYLAWS - Revised November 2013
- Collections Management Policies and Procedures
- We need Volunteers!!!
Last July, Board Member Brenda Tackett was sifting through more of the many piles of papers and photos we’re still re-processing as we continue to digitize the collection. Many thanks to Ken Whitehead for leading this thankless task.
Brenda uncovered this very detailed 1987 Landscape Master Plan of the Historic Society Complex produced for the City of East Point. WOW!!
Move forward to a few weeks ago when a new Frog Hollow neighbor, Kimberly Fulton, put Trees Atlanta in touch with us.
We met with the as soon as we could!
D. Lynn Bray, Conley Hills/landscaper, and Holly Keyes, Frog Hollow/EPHS shared the 1987 Master Plan with James Moy, Trees Atlanta. Using the landscape designs, we came up with the next phase of landscaping for the complex along with a wish list of trees.
The legend for tree placement:
The results of that meeting will be the beginning of a great new chapter at the Historic Complex as we begin to plant a community garden.
The catch?? We need you! And a whole lotta people from throughout our community to make this new initiative take off! Trees Atlanta is going to come and plant 35+ fruit, nut and hard wood trees on the property! And that’s just the beginning of what we hope will become a huge community garden with a variety of edibles and pollinators.
Come out Saturday, February 1st and
help us plant some lasting roots in our Community!!